Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Mommy Moments

Addie is rather mobile, alert, interactive, and curious.  She is almost 7 months and the world is her oyster!  Last week in Mom's group she followed her friend around.  He is 13 months and was more into doing his own thing but that did not bother her.  Once she caught him she scooted up behind him, grabbed his shirt and proceeded to lick his back.  He tastes good apparently.


This week she decided licking, while fun, is not the only physical thing she can do to another.  So she crawled up to him, sits up in front of him and reaches out.  As she reaches out my mind goes "oh no"  I know how she grabs at my face and it can frickin hurt.  By the time I process and start to react by grabbing her hand she has already secured his cheek in her fist and pulled.  All with a smile on her face.  


Tears came next as pain registered for the little guy and as the time went on the red marks began to show on his cheek.  Five little red marks.  


Was I embarrassed?  You bet.  Apologetic?  Of course.  I sat there realizing that this was embarrassing moment of motherhood #1 of 1,000,000.


Amazingly Addie and I have been invited to go play with the little guy today.   Brave, brave mom.


I will try and keep her claws retracted today.

No comments:

Post a Comment