Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Eating Like A Rabbit

Having Addie has changed my life completely in so many ways. I made the decision to breast-feed and have been so happy about this choice even with the dietary restrictions it has brought about. I would never have gone top 8 allergen free (plus gluten and corn) without her and I credit my weight-loss and overall healthy feeling to this. She has changed my life in such a positive way.

I told hubby last night that Since having her I have two new passions in life that I didn't know I would have, her and the food I eat. This leads to two completely different life paths I could take in regards to work, early childhood development or Nutritionist. I think nutritionist is something I would have a great deal more fun learning about in school. Sadly there isn't a school that offers that near me.

Yesterday we went shopping at the market and I was all excited about my new cookbook: The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook and many of the recipes I wanted to try. Hubby is not quite the same with me when it comes to eating this way. I mean don't get me wrong he would like to eat healthy, but only on the cheap. So in the natural foods sections he started getting pissy as he looked at all the prices. I had him grab me some Kale and Collard greens and he started making comments about not wanting "to eat this shit". Yeah, that is what I get to live with. I love him so much but sometimes, I want to kick him in the balls. He loves salads and everything but because of the prices in that other section he was so pissy that he basically threw a fit stating he didn't want to eat this way.

Needless to say when we checked out the price was $30 cheaper than he thought it would be and he ate that "shit" for dinner and thought it was pretty good. With time I might make him a convert, but in the immediate future I will not be bringing him grocery shopping with me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment