Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Imagine

Imagine if you will how my night went last night. Dear husband out of town, just me, Addie and the cat.

Addie wakes at 1:30 for her nightly feeding (not bad went 7 hrs before needing food). I feed her, I leak all the way down my shirt out of my other boob. I do this because I took fenugreek to up my supply. Amazing the amount you can soak a shirt.

Off to bed I crawl after 2:00am when we finish, wet shirt and all.

Then sometime between 2:00am and 3:30am a loud shrieking sound jars me awake. In my daze I quickly adjust to baby monitor to lower its volume thinking in my half sleep world that the monitor is yelling at me because the signal got messed up (Like hitting the snooze button on an alarm, but I don't do alarm clocks anymore because I have Addie).

Then I soon wake to the sound of sir cat hucking up. The night before I got out of bed and attempted to catch him before he ruined the carpet, again. Last night, too tired. Screw it I say. I will clean it in the morning.

Then 3:30am rolls around and the shrieking happens again. I awake, fully this time. Oh, that would be the sound of a smoke alarm, telling me the battery is dying.. . . fuck.

I roll out of bed and attempt to find the offending smoke detector. Oh look, the cat threw up chunks in the hallway. Nice. Get towel and pick up. Smoke detector sounds again. Yay! It is the one in the hallway with the low ceiling. Maybe I can reach?

Haul in the step ladder, clock now says 3:37am. Please don't let this wake the child. Climb on step ladder. Crap, too short. Lets think about this, how do I get it to stop announcing it needs a new battery so I can sleep. Maybe if I can press the hush button? Look around, ohh spoon! Grab spoon and proceed to press the hush button. Stand there looking up and smoke detector, hush is only really going to work for if it was going off. Crosses fingers and puts everything up.

Off to bed I head. The smoke detector was nice to me the rest of the night. Otherwise I had my good friend Mister Broom at the ready to dismantle. Oh yes I would have.

No comments:

Post a Comment