Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Well, that was STUPID

First it really sucks to be without internet when you are addicted to it. We left town on Tuesday and did not get back until today and sadly my computer would not connect to the hotel's internet. My iPod was able to connect but quickly died as I told it to do more and more things.

First and for most traveling with a baby sucks. Addie has not figured how to sleep longer than 30 min at a time in the car. She freaks out the first day we are anywhere new and will not sleep in the pack n play until she because accustomed to it again. I think she thinks I am going to leave her since it is unfamiliar. So she usually will only sleep with me until she has spent a day anywhere and then she is cool with sleeping in her portable crib. Also, when your kid needs to cry for 10 minutes most of the time before falling asleep things can get pretty uncomfortable in the hotel room when you have neighbors. I don't want to bother them, especially at night so I usually ended up snuggling with her until I knew they were gone and then would put her down in the crib and soothe her while she cried. Granted I loved how the first night our neighbors had adult children (because lord knows you have to put all the kids in a hotel in rooms next to each other) that found it fun to run like a stampede in their room for most of the evening. Wanted to kick some major child butt that night. So lets just say she didn't sleep well at all which meant neither did I.

This morning after a night of fairly little sleep I woke and prepared for the day which included packing because we were leaving. I realized that I had forgotten to take my vitamins last night so I quickly gulped them down on an empty stomach. Not too long after my stomach started to inform me that this was a horrible mistake. I started to eat a banana and some cereal in hopes of making my stomach feel better but that was a lost cause. I laid on the bed holding my stomach feeling horribly sick and thinking how I don't want the rest of the day to be like this. So I decided I needed to throw up the vitamins. Yeah, here is where we meet stupid me. I hate throwing up. I have to be really sick to throw up. My stomach will hold out as long as it can even if it will make me feel better.

So there I squatted in the hotel bathroom. Hovering over the toilet holding my hair with one hand and my pinking finger in my mouth (not sure why I chose the shortest finger). I was able to gag myself pretty well at least 5 times before realizing I needed to touch the hangy ball thing-a-ma-jig there in the back. So I switched to my pointer finger and nudged away. My stomach seized and squeezed but I was only able to throw up a teenie tiny bit of food, not vitamin. I tried and tried but finally my body got use to me gagging myself and stopped reacting but not before having exercised my stomach. I soon realized that the vitamin pain was gone and instead replaced by a new pain of a stomach that had worked out way more than it would have liked. So basically I was miserable for the rest of the day and should have never tried to throw up and just lived with the vitamin pain.

I will never, ever, do that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment