Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

So You Think You Can Run

Not! a couple weeks ago I purchased an iPod touch because 1) Addie has my iPod Nano in her room playing the ocean for whenever she sleeps and 2) because I wanted to be able to purchase Apps. Mainly I wanted to be able to purchase a C25K program so I could get off my ass and start getting into better shape and maybe perk my behind up a little bit.

Last week was my first time using the c25k program. . . it was sad. Oh so sad. This particular one I purchased takes 9 weeks and the whole idea is "couch" to 5k so I figured day one would be a little difficult but that it would still be possible for me to do. It starts with 5 minutes of warm up brisk walking and then alternates between 60sec of rungging/jogging and 90sec of walking with then a 5 minute cool down.

I was only able to complete the first 60sec of jogging and then anytime after that when it said to run I would last somewhere between 10-30sec with I think 40sec on the last one. It was so difficult for me. My feet felt awkward while I ran (most likely because I never run) and I was having difficulty breathing while jogging. So so sad.

I have decided to start with just walking 5 days a week for maybe two weeks. While walking I am doing burst of jogging to start getting my body use to it so that maybe, just maybe, I can do day 1 of my C25K without wanting to lay down on the pavement. Also water is a must so that I can rinse my mouth out (and keep hydrated)

At least dear hubby is into going for walks with me on the weekends so that will help keep me going on the weekends too.

I am determined to finish day 1. I will post when this happens. . . and it will someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment