Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Knowledge For A New Generation

The other day after finishing my new entry blogger showed an ad to Blog2Print and I decided to check it out. Not that I have many entries in this blog to warrant making a print edition but I do have an old blog that I kept up until 2 days before I gave birth to Addie. That blog was nothing to brag about. My grammar is not great to begin with but I tended not to re-read my post very well. Also I was extremely vague, I mean I was talking at times as general as one could. Still, it has over 3 years of my life. I decided to set up an account with Blog2Print and see how much it would cost.

Wow. . . over $40. I had a lot of entries and did not realize it. I wanted one though and luckily they have the option to purchase a PDF version that you can then print yourself, which I did. Now I am not so narcissistic that I think people will want to read my horrible ramblings that have no real direction (A problem I hope to alleviate with this new blog of mine). Instead, it is for Addie. When she is older and wonders if I even get her, she will realize I do. That Mom talked sex, relationships, jobs and just plain got it. I also want her to get to know me better, understand a little bit more of who I am.

As I started re-reading my entries I realize I am going to need to make notes in the margins so that she will have a bit more information than I wanted the internet to have. Like where we were living, were I worked, etc. I also plan on doing the same with this blog in a few months and add it to the end of that one.

I am also considering writing a bio of my life up until the blog for her also. She is going to have access to knowing most everything about me. I want this gift for her. I have started to wonder how amazing it would be to have this same information from my mom. What a treasure it would be.

Hubby loves the idea, so much so he has started a writing for her as well. It is randomness about his life interjected with happenings of today. Just writing whatever pops into his head and addressing it to Addie. She is going to have an amazing insight into her parents lives and who we are. She also wont be the only child with this knowledge. Kids born after 2000 are part of a generation of blogging parents. Many parents even write letters to their children on the blogs so that their kids may one day look back and read them.

This was unheard of for previous generations, especially my parents. I wish I had the opportunity to read my parents thoughts at different points in their lives. What an amazing gift it would be.

I look forward to giving Addie this gift from her parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment